Sound on Dell OptiPlex Gxpro

Post by Emilio Tuno » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Subject says it, has anybody gotten the sound working on a
Dell OptiPlex GXpro ? it has a built in sound hardware but it
is unclear to me whether it is Vibra 16 or SB-Pro compatible.
In any case I want to get it working with RH 5.0

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer              Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post by Didimo E. Grimaldo T » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Subject says it, has anybody gotten the sound working on a
> Dell OptiPlex GXpro ? it has a built in sound hardware but it
> is unclear to me whether it is Vibra 16 or SB-Pro compatible.
> In any case I want to get it working with RH 5.0

> --
> D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
> Software Engineer              Amsterdam, The Netherlands

  Well? haven't had any answers yet and my Dell is still
mute :-( pity now that it has the real AfterStep...

--
      __o          "Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof. :)"
    _`\<,_           -James Ebbs

1. Sound for Dell Optiplex GXPro

Hi,

I am trying to configure sound for a Linux box,
namely a Dell Optiplex GXPro. It should have a
build-in sound chipset based on Crystal CS4236.
I suppose this is a pnp chipset but pnpdump
detects no pnp cars at all.
When I do modprobe sound.o the module is
loaded but the chipset is not detected ?
How should I configure the sound driver ?
I tried this:

#define CS4232_BASE 0x220
#define CS4232_IRQ 5
#define CS4232_DMA 1
#define CS4232_DMA2 3
#define CS4232_MPU_BASE 0x330
#define CS4232_MPU_IRQ 9
#define SELECTED_SOUND_OPTIONS  0x00002000

I am using OSSFree.

Thanks in advance

Dominique Larchey
LORIA

2. Security Bugs On Unixes

3. Dell OptiPlex GXPro dual CPU system with linux

4. ethtool for linksys NC100 card

5. Installing Linux on a Dell Optiplex GxPro 200

6. Just shoot me

7. Advice wanted: Dell Optiplex GXPro

8. Modem troubles

9. Dell OptiPlex GXpro 200 and LINUX

10. HELP! - LINUX on a DELL Optiplex GXpro

11. Dell OptiPlex GXpro Linux problems

12. Linux on Dell OptiPlex GXPro...

13. Dell OptiPlex GXPro Problems