Mouse problems (text mode & X-Windows)

Post by Bertrand LAIGL » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello !

I've just installed Linux (RedHat from the last Infomagic's 6 CD set) on a
computer, it has an OEM Logitec mouse (DB9 - serial, 3 buttons). I've tried
all choices proposed by "/usr/sbin/mouseconfig", without success: "gpm"
doesn't recognises it (in text mode) - should I kill "gpm" and restart it ?
And under X-Windows, it's terrible: the mouse movements are transmitted
with something like a 10 seconds delay !! How can I fix this ? Is it the
same program "mouseconfig" ? I had never had any pb with mices under Linux
!!
Thanks in advance if someone can help !
--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Geoff Sho » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: I've just installed Linux (RedHat from the last Infomagic's 6 CD set) on a
: computer, it has an OEM Logitec mouse (DB9 - serial, 3 buttons). I've tried
: all choices proposed by "/usr/sbin/mouseconfig", without success: "gpm"
: doesn't recognises it (in text mode) - should I kill "gpm" and restart it ?
: And under X-Windows, it's terrible: the mouse movements are transmitted
: with something like a 10 seconds delay !! How can I fix this ? Is it the
: same program "mouseconfig" ? I had never had any pb with mices under Linux

Solutions to your problem are to be found in the 3 Button Serial mouse
mini-HOWTO, at your local sunsite mirror or direct from :

        http://kipper.york.ac.uk/mouse.html

        Geoff
Ever sit and watch ants? They're always busy with                Geoff Short

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff

1. Newbie - X-windows influence on text mode

When I run x-windows(s3savage3d + SVGA -3.3.6),text mode on other consoles
crushes.It is flickering and trembling.Shuting X-windows doesn't help -I've
got to rebbot machine.I've tried changing x-server(VGA3.3.6) but it didn't
help.I don't know what to do - please help me...

hermeso

2. I need an x server

3. No text-mode after installation of X-windows (SuSE 7.0)

4. tcp wrapper permissions

5. Text mode crushes after runing X-windows

6. ISDN4BSD with ipcp-accept-remote?

7. x-windows messes up fonts in text-only mode

8. Loadlin question

9. Exiting X-Windows back to text mode

11. Exiting X-windows doesn't return me to a text window

12. X-Windows text message window

13. Switching between text-window and X-windows