Epson Stylus 500 (printing on...)

Post by D. Emilio Grimaldo T » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
   Is anybody using the Epson Stylus 500 on a Linux box? can you
print in color and b/w? what do I need to setup? what about
the printcap entry (?), is it possible to print a (color)
postcript file to this printer (some filter?)

                Thanks in advance,
                                Emilio
--
NAME: D. Emilio Grimaldo           | Communications Multimedia |
_/_/_/_/

ADDRESS: Semiconductors BE-347     | ph. +31 40 2722099        |
_/_/_/_/
-------------------------------+-------------------------------|  _/_/
 * Bugs lurk in corners and congregate at boundaries*          |
_/_/_/_/
---------------------------------------------------------------+-----------

"If it jams, force it! If it breaks, it needed replacement
anyway."Lowery's Law
"Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange
UNIX
commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4."

Epson Stylus 500 (printing on...)

Post by Jurgen Exne » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
>    Is anybody using the Epson Stylus 500 on a Linux box? can you
> print in color and b/w? what do I need to setup? what about
> the printcap entry (?), is it possible to print a (color)
> postcript file to this printer (some filter?)

I'm using a Sylus200 and have no problems with color or b/w printing (PS).
I installed the latest Aladin Ghostscript (4.03(?)), use stcolor as device
and apsfilter as magic filter.
Installation was straight forward.

jue
--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation

1. printing with epson stylus 500

Hi,
        I'm trying to print dvi files in an epson stylus color
500. I configured apsfilter, with gs driver esc/p2, and later with
ibmpro (the printer manual says it can understand both control
languages). Both drivers gave the same result: the printer gets the
first sheet of paper, the power light blinks (ie, says it's working)
and nothing happends. I could print a sheet with only ``hello'' in it,
from standard input, even that this took more time than i expected...

Should i use another driver? I'm using gs 2.6.2. Newer gs?
Please answer by e-mail if posible. I could send results to anyone
interested, and post a kind of summary if pertinent.

Thanx in advance,

-cristian

2. PLC (process control) software on linux?

3. Epson Stylus Color 500

4. Need suggestions please

5. Epson Stylus Color 500 driver available on Linux-pmac?

6. VLB & Linux

7. Confuguration of linux for a Epson Stylus color 500 printer

8. I am completely stumped...

9. Filter for Epson Stylus 500

10. Epson LaserJet 500/Stylus

11. Postscript & Epson Stylus 500

12. Linux/GhostScript/Epson Stylus 500: They Work

13. Epson Stylus 500 with Red Hat 5.1?