WTB:~`~`~Red Hat Unleashed```~`

Post by V. Ila » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Looking for red hat unleashed book,

Toronto Canada

WTB:~`~`~Red Hat Unleashed```~`

Post by Rick Tro » Sat, 26 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Looking for red hat unleashed book,

> Toronto Canada

Did you try the World's Largest Bookstore?

Rick Troha
rickt[at]nwsup.com

WTB:~`~`~Red Hat Unleashed```~`

Post by George R. Barret » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Looking for red hat unleashed book,

> Toronto Canada

Barnes and Noble carries this.  I was considering getting it myself.
Anyone out there recommend it?

George R. Barrett
Electrical Engineering : Systems        `` Without insight, method is
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor              largely useless. ''

WTB:~`~`~Red Hat Unleashed```~`

Post by Roy Grim » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> > Looking for red hat unleashed book,

> > Toronto Canada

> Barnes and Noble carries this.  I was considering getting it myself.
> Anyone out there recommend it?

> --
> George R. Barrett
> Electrical Engineering : Systems        `` Without insight, method is
> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor              largely useless. ''

Here's my $0.02...

I purchased a copy of the "Linux Unleashed" for slackware and I thought
it was a good introduction book.  (I'm going to assume the Red Hat
version isn't substantially different in the topics it covers, just in
the differences between the two releases)  The topic coverage of my
"Unleashed" book is quite broad, but not very deep.  There are many
times when I had to go find more information in the man pages, how-to's,
and other books.  As far as being a good introduction book, I'd
recommend it.

If you have any significant Unix experience, you'd be better off
ordering the distribution from the source and buying a different book.
The O'Rielly books are good.  I don't have any but the "Programming
perl" title in front of me, so I can't remember titles exactly.  I would
recommend the "Sendmail", "DNS & BIND", "Essential System
Administration" books as a start, depending on how serious your Linux
installation is.  Home computers can do without the first two, but the
"Essential System Administration" title is a must.

When it comes to additional subjects within Unix (X11/Motif programming
for example), always check to see if O'Rielly publishes a book covering
it.  In my dozen and a half books from them, I have yet to be
dissapointed.

--
Roy A. Grimm                    |  The two fundamental principles
Rockwell Collins Avionics       |   of Engineering:

Voicing my own opinion, not speaking as a company representative.
All unsolicited email is quietly forwarded to /dev/null.