stupid stupid stupid

Post by nemor.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have made a big mistake...In order to prevent un wanted changes to my
root / filesystem I mounted it read-only...yes, thru changes to
fstab...which is under /etc in the same partition as / now I can't
think of a way to undo it. Can anyone think of a way to undo my stupid
actions? I have tried remounting it and unmount/mount and no changes to
allow me to go in and change fstab. also tried loading into single mode
and nada.
TIA,
Sonny

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

stupid stupid stupid

Post by Phil Jone » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I have made a big mistake...In order to prevent un wanted changes to my
>root / filesystem I mounted it read-only...yes, thru changes to
>fstab...which is under /etc in the same partition as / now I can't
>think of a way to undo it. Can anyone think of a way to undo my stupid
>actions? I have tried remounting it and unmount/mount and no changes to
>allow me to go in and change fstab. also tried loading into single mode
>and nada.
>TIA,
>Sonny

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

 Sonny
          You need a Rescue Disk so that you can boot Linux of a
floppy and then mount your file system and edit /etc/fstab. I use
tomsrtbt  you can gei it at  http://www.toms.net/rb.

                                   Phil Jones

stupid stupid stupid

Post by Thomas Nowa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have made a big mistake...In order to prevent un wanted changes to my
> root / filesystem I mounted it read-only...yes, thru changes to
> fstab...which is under /etc in the same partition as / now I can't
> think of a way to undo it. Can anyone think of a way to undo my stupid
> actions? I have tried remounting it and unmount/mount and no changes to
> allow me to go in and change fstab. also tried loading into single mode
> and nada.
> TIA,
> Sonny

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Log in as root and than you should execute the following command:

mount -o remount,rw /

so this should mount your root read/write

Bye Thomas

1. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Hi All,

<hangs head in shame>

I've downloaded the latest patchpro from sun, and like a stupid idiot
didn't read the instructions and installed the packages using

pkgadd -d /export/home/luser/pproSunOSx865.9re2.2

this listed 11 packages, and I blindly installed them all. Now when I
installed patchpro using the setup script it install but doesn't run
properly.

Is there a way roll back these packages that I have installed, and if I
take a note of them, will it put the system back the way it was before,
or has this overwritten some previous versions files.

I have uninstalled patchpro using the uninstall script BTW.

Needless to say, this is not a production server!
Many thanks in advance,

P.

2. Configuration for Speedstar 24X needed (NEC 5FGe)

3. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

4. HILFE! Problem mit Netzwerkgeschwindigkeit

5. Stupid or not so stupid questions

6. socket operation on non-socket w/ wu-ftpd installation

7. Stupid, stupid question

8. server startup

9. One stupid question and one not so stupid

10. REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)

11. stupid stupid. THANKS Sun-not.

12. stupid choice = another stupid newbie question

13. That stupid windoze thing again (was That stupid prayer at school thing again...)