Need help with an SMC EtherPower PCI card!!

Need help with an SMC EtherPower PCI card!!

Post by Sean Ha » Fri, 31 Mar 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know what I have to do to get an SMC Etherpower PCI board
to work with Slackware 1.2.1?  When I did the boot/root to install
Slackware, I saw that it recognized the ethernet card.  However, once
I rebuilt the kernel with support for WD and SMC cards, it no longer
sees it.  Is there a special kernel I need to get to use this card?

Sean Harp
--
Sean Harp

1. need help with SMC Etherpower PCI card

well, i put the PC together yesterday, and at this point everything
looks good except for the ethernet setup.

AMD K6-166, ASUS P55T2P4 motherboard

i have an SMC EtherPower 10/100 (SMC 9332BDT)

distribution is the Slackware 96 CD rom

the software sees the ethernet card, but when i try and ping a local
name server, all i see is the card switching between 10Base T and 100 Base T
(eventually this card will be plugged into a 100 Base T setup, but right
now i'm using 10 Base T.)

i've used this RJ45 cable before for a visitor who had a linux laptop,
and i checked the lights on both the card and on the hub, and they're
both pretty happy looking campers, showing just what i expect.

any suggestions, anyone?

thanks,
  richard
--

Krusty Motorsports                            North American Motorsports Pages
http://www.krusty-motorsports.com/              http://www.na-motorsports.com/

2. ARP Request packet??plz reply soon

3. need help with SMC Etherpower PCI card [REPOST]

4. Linux SLIP from a TIA

5. Help: Net installation bootdisk for 2940UW and SMC etherpower PCI card

6. VT100 Graphics -> Postscript

7. DEC 21*40 SMC EtherPower 8432 PCI newer card supported?

8. Lost ping packets on home network with masquerading linux machine

9. driver for SMC EtherPower PCI net card

10. SMC EtherPower PCI Ethernet Card (Model: SMC8432BT Chipset: DEC21041)

11. Ethernet card detection problems (RH7, SMC EtherPower II PCI (9432))

12. Support for smC 8432e etherpower PCI card

13. Setting up SMC EtherPower PCI card