SlackWare 2.0.30 Install

Post by Dave Bro » Tue, 26 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am attempting to install The Slackware edition of Linux 2.0.30 (the
>latest) on a Dell Latitude P166 XPi CD and am having trouble getting the OS
>to correctly recognize any PCMCIA card I have in the slot.  I have tried
>the 3Com 3C562D/3C563D combo card, A 3Com EL III, and a MHz Modem.  All of
>these cards came up as 'Anonymous Memory Card' in whatever slot I put them

I've got linux running on a Latitude XPi...no problem.  Also have a 3Com
Ethernet and a Megahertz modem card in it (although I'm not sure I ever used
the modem with linux).  I really didn't do anything special, although I
did right-from-the-start compile a kernel on it which included PCMCIA support
serial support, and ethernet support.  (I have the ethernet and token ring support
compiled as modules, since it's either/or for me.).

--
Dave Brown   Austin, TX

SlackWare 2.0.30 Install

Post by kev » Wed, 27 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> the modem with linux).  I really didn't do anything special, although I
> did right-from-the-start compile a kernel on it which included PCMCIA
support
> serial support, and ethernet support.  (I have the ethernet and token
ring support
> compiled as modules, since it's either/or for me.).

I had someone help me to re-compile the kernal...  I successfully
recompiled but still no dice....  Any pcmcia card I put in the slot comes
up as 'Anonymous Memory Card'...