S3 Virage in X

Post by Gary Ya » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm currently having problems configurating my X system.
I have a S3 Virage card with 4 meg ram. I tried to use an accelerated server
(Xf86_S3 or Xf86_S3V)
but I can't get in to run in any other mode except VGA. I also cannot set
the screen resolution
to more than 640x480. Is there anyone using the same video card? Can you

Thanx

Gary Yap

S3 Virage in X

Post by Takehiro YAMAMOT » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

you try to use xserver-svga and xserver-vga16

 >I have a S3 Virage card with 4 meg ram. I tried to use an accelerated
server

Quote:>(Xf86_S3 or Xf86_S3V)

S3 Virage in X

Post by phil » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I'm currently having problems configurating my X system.
> I have a S3 Virage card with 4 meg ram. I tried to use an accelerated server
> (Xf86_S3 or Xf86_S3V)
> but I can't get in to run in any other mode except VGA. I also cannot set
> the screen resolution
> to more than 640x480. Is there anyone using the same video card? Can you

> Thanx

> Gary Yap

  Hi there,

I am happily running that same card in 1024X768 in 16 bit colour under SuSE
Linux 5.2 and X-Windows.  All I can suggest is to re-install the x-server, go
to the card listing in XF86Setup, select detailed setup and pick either S3 or
S3V button near the top of the screen. It worked first time for me.

S3 Virage in X

Post by Scott Nas » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Go look at XFree86 site.  www.xfree86.com(.org).  One of the s3 virge chips
requires xf3dlabs server.

> I'm currently having problems configurating my X system.
> I have a S3 Virage card with 4 meg ram. I tried to use an accelerated server
> (Xf86_S3 or Xf86_S3V)
> but I can't get in to run in any other mode except VGA. I also cannot set
> the screen resolution
> to more than 640x480. Is there anyone using the same video card? Can you

> Thanx

> Gary Yap

  nash.vcf
< 1K Download

1. S3 ViRAGE chipsets

Hello all ...

I have an S3 ViRAGE GX/2 card and am having difficulty getting anything
working with X.  I have asked a bunch on different people about the
problem and they said that I had to figure out what my chipset is.
Okay...now for the dumbass question:  What is a chipset?!  From what I
have gathered in my feeble mind, different companies buy video card from
a hardware company and mess with a little bit of bells and whistles, but
for the most part one companies S3 is pretty much like anthers S3.  So
in this case...is S3 the chipset???

I'm sorry for such a stupidly basic question to take up space on this
group...but if I don't ask, I won't know!  Thanks for any enlightenment!

  Doug Hagen

+---------------------------------------------n---e---t---s---c---a---p---e----+

2. FTP on different Port

3. S3 S3 S3 X X X S3 S3 S3

4. Fun with mail routing

5. S3 Virage problem

6. Need Help on VPN with Solaris8

7. S3 ViRAGE GX/2 and 32-bit mode

8. DRAMATICALLY increase your web site results in just 72 hours!!!!

9. Help with new S3 video card: S3: Unknown S3 chipset chip_id = 0x31e1 rev. 61

10. X Window Setup and ALTIMA VIRAGE NOTEBOOK?

11. XF86Config for Altima Virage

12. X Window Setup and ALTIMA VIRAGE NOTEBOOK?