setup modem on TP755CX?

Post by Clayton Tan » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad 755cx running Slackware 2.0.0. Can someone help me
setup the Mwave modem? The modem type is not in the faq/doc. Email reply
please.

Clayton

1. Modem, modem, modem, ... setup

I've seen messages w/ issues similar to mine, but their answers doesn't
include what I need.  Well, this is my problem...

I have an internal modem, winmodem, which I used in another machine
running RH Linux for the last two years w/out a hitch.  Now I'm setting
a small network at home, and the modem card was moved to another machine
also running Linux.  The problem is that I cannot get a hold of it.  I
know that the card under Win95 has the following setup:

Port:        COM4
Interrupt:  3
I/O Add.: 0x2E8
UART:    16550

Thus, I set up the card in the Linux machine as:

Port:        /dev/cua3
Interrupt:  3
I/O Add.: 0x2E8
UART:    16550

I ran "procinfo" before and after I installed the card to be able to
identify the interrupt and i/o address, and was able to see the modem
using the correct i/o address, but not the interrupt.  According to
"procinfo," no device is using IRQ 3.  Not even the modem, which is
setup w/ this IRQ.  I tried using minicom to give a try to the setup,
and no matter what I tried nothing happens; I cannot even hear the click
of the relays on the modem card.  And yes, I did initialized the card
correctly. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Regards, Alex

"As always, everyone will thank you for your service and your actions
will not be disregarded."

2. 1.1.81 BUG: ncr53c810 + msdosfs

3. XFree86 on a IBM TP755CX SVGA

4. compile errors for port of ghostscript

5. 800x600 LCD resolution anyone ? (tp755cx)

6. SIOCSIFFLAGS

7. XF86config for IBM TP755CX for 800x600?

8. sed question How to add two lines in all the files (recursively)

9. video info for xf86config on TP755cx please!

10. Lasat 560i internal isapnp modem setup, sound card setup

11. USR Modem setup -- Setup Advice??

12. Caldera 2.3 Modem Setup (Lucent OEM Modem)

13. HELP MODEM SETUP!!! Global Village Teleport Modem 56K