Problem with SMTP

Post by emb.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The mail server I manage is currently being used by many people
to transport their Email via SMTP. I have just noticed that
when checking the mail queue which was very important and only
filled with messages not aimed at my network. What could I do
to prevent people from using my mail server as a transfert SMTP
server ? I' ve got a few users who would like to be able to check
their Email from outside too, what can I do for them ?
Is there a good mail statistics utility that I could use to check
the traffic ?

Thanks a lot for your answer ...

Yannick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Problem with SMTP

Post by Camelia Nastas » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> The mail server I manage is currently being used by many people
> to transport their Email via SMTP. I have just noticed that
> when checking the mail queue which was very important and only
> filled with messages not aimed at my network. What could I do
> to prevent people from using my mail server as a transfert SMTP
> server ? I' ve got a few users who would like to be able to check
> their Email from outside too, what can I do for them ?
> Is there a good mail statistics utility that I could use to check
> the traffic ?

> Thanks a lot for your answer ...

edit your sendmail.cf: look for "Hosts that will permit relaying", and
under that line it should be something like "FR-o
/etc/mail/relay-domains".edit /etc/mail/relay-domains, adding to that
file only the domains you want to relay. if you have any other
questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Camelia N.
--
Camelia Nastase