Linux Install. Help!!

Post by Camron F » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

 I have used scsi.gz as the boot disk but it does not see my host adapter. Then
 I found ZImage and it finds everything dandy but it gives me the error
"unable to mount root fs on 03:06".

Linux Install. Help!!

Post by Chang Eric Y (2 » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

:  I have used scsi.gz as the boot disk but it does not see my host adapter. Then
:  I found ZImage and it finds everything dandy but it gives me the error
: "unable to mount root fs on 03:06".
                              ^^^^^^

Hi.  This probably means that it was not recognized.  Read the installation
HOWTO.  It will tell you how to pass the proper parameter.  I had the
same problem.  Eric

Linux Install. Help!!

Post by John Engli » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

:  I have used scsi.gz as the boot disk but it does not see my host adapter.

Give us a clue -- what sort of host adapter is it?  Kind of difficult to
help without knowing this...

If by any chance it's an Adaptec 294x, you can get a boot disk from
remus.nrl.navy.mil which can cope.

  "The Tory party is the cream of society: rich, thick, and full of clots"

1. Problems formatting the HD during Linux install! Help!

Hi there,
I hope somebody out there can give some advice. I'm trying to install the
Linux on my HD (I did this before, but some how the Linux partition got
fried :( ). Now, I got the latest versions (3.2 I guess) from the slackware
bootdisk and rootdisk. Everything seems to work fine, till I try to make the
filesystem (/dev/hda3 ~590 MB).  The mke2fs command results in a
segmentation fault. The same happens when I try to make the swap space
(/dev/hda4 ~25MB).
Does anybody has an idea, what the problem could be? Should I try to get
an older version of the slackware distribution?
My system: 486DX/2 80Mhz, 1.7GB HD, 4x CDROM, 32MB RAM

Thank's for your help and time,
Chris

Christoph Spoerri
Nicholas School of the Environment
Duke University

"What's the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put
it on?"      Henry David Thoreau

2. metadevices and corrupt label

3. Preparation for Linux install w/2 HD's and many partitions...Help!

4. How are scripts created?

5. Installing Linux for the firstime, ... help...help...help!!!

6. ISDN and LINUX advice wanted....

7. please help: corel and caldera linux install help

8. startup hang - error codes?

9. HELP installing linux HELP (in setup)

10. installing linux/partitions help, help...

11. HELP :( Can anyone please help me IUnable to install/boot linux

12. HELP HELP - No chance to install Linux

13. HELP :( Can anyone please help me, unable to install/boot Linux