YAMAHA OPL3-SAx WDM

Post by Pax » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:07:58

Hello.  I have this problem with the current version of SuSE .  I tried to
use ALSA to install my sound card but I failed.  Following the dialog-box's
directions I tried running 'yast2 sound .oss' and got it working using
opl3sa2 module.  However, only my CD player works.  When I try to play mp3s,
wavs, or midis the corresponding players either crash or no sound can be
heard.  I am trying to do this on Toshiba 2515CDS laptop.  My configurations
for the opl2sa2 are pretty standard: io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0
dma2=1.  I tried switching dmas but still nothing. I tried using number of
other modules like mpu401, ad1848 and opl3 together with opl3sa2 -- still
nothing.  I tried changing irq to 9 in the options and in my BIOS --
nothing.  Please help.

Peter

YAMAHA OPL3-SAx WDM

Post by Pax » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:09:32

I am sorry about posting twice.  It was an accident.

Quote:> Hello.  I have this problem with the current version of SuSE .  I tried to
> use ALSA to install my sound card but I failed.  Following the
dialog-box's
> directions I tried running 'yast2 sound .oss' and got it working using
> opl3sa2 module.  However, only my CD player works.  When I try to play
mp3s,
> wavs, or midis the corresponding players either crash or no sound can be
> heard.  I am trying to do this on Toshiba 2515CDS laptop.  My
configurations
> for the opl2sa2 are pretty standard: io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0
> dma2=1.  I tried switching dmas but still nothing. I tried using number of
> other modules like mpu401, ad1848 and opl3 together with opl3sa2 -- still
> nothing.  I tried changing irq to 9 in the options and in my BIOS --
> nothing.  Please help.

> Peter

YAMAHA OPL3-SAx WDM

Post by patrick garnet » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:46:57

> I am sorry about posting twice.  It was an accident.

>>Hello.  I have this problem with the current version of SuSE .  I tried to
>>use ALSA to install my sound card but I failed.  Following the

> dialog-box's

>>directions I tried running 'yast2 sound .oss' and got it working using
>>opl3sa2 module.  However, only my CD player works.  When I try to play

> mp3s,

>>wavs, or midis the corresponding players either crash or no sound can be
>>heard.  I am trying to do this on Toshiba 2515CDS laptop.  My

> configurations

>>for the opl2sa2 are pretty standard: io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0
>>dma2=1.  I tried switching dmas but still nothing. I tried using number of
>>other modules like mpu401, ad1848 and opl3 together with opl3sa2 -- still
>>nothing.  I tried changing irq to 9 in the options and in my BIOS --
>>nothing.  Please help.

>>Peter

> Have you tried adjusting the separate input-volume controls in sound setup?  Mine default to zero (including the cd)

YAMAHA OPL3-SAx WDM

Post by Pax » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:25:42

Yes, I did try that.  No success.

> > I am sorry about posting twice.  It was an accident.

> >>Hello.  I have this problem with the current version of SuSE .  I tried
> >>use ALSA to install my sound card but I failed.  Following the

> > dialog-box's

> >>directions I tried running 'yast2 sound .oss' and got it working using
> >>opl3sa2 module.  However, only my CD player works.  When I try to play

> > mp3s,

> >>wavs, or midis the corresponding players either crash or no sound can be
> >>heard.  I am trying to do this on Toshiba 2515CDS laptop.  My

> > configurations

> >>for the opl2sa2 are pretty standard: io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0
> >>dma2=1.  I tried switching dmas but still nothing. I tried using number
of
> >>other modules like mpu401, ad1848 and opl3 together with opl3sa2 --
still
> >>nothing.  I tried changing irq to 9 in the options and in my BIOS --
> >>nothing.  Please help.

> >>Peter

> > Have you tried adjusting the separate input-volume controls in sound

setup?  Mine default to zero (including the cd)

1. Yamaha OPL3-SAx WDM

Hello.  I have this problem with the current version of SuSE .  I tried to
use ALSA to install my sound card but I failed.  Following the dialog-box's
directions I tried running 'yast2 sound .oss' and got it working using
opl3sa2 module.  However, only my CD player works.  When I try to play mp3s,
wavs, or midis the corresponding players either crash or no sound can be
heard.  I am trying to do this on Toshiba 2515CDS laptop.  My configurations
for the opl2sa2 are pretty standard: io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0
dma2=1.  I tried switching dmas but still nothing. I tried using number of
other modules like mpu401, ad1848 and opl3 together with opl3sa2 -- still
nothing.  I tried changing irq to 9 in the options and in my BIOS --
nothing.  Please help.

Peter

2. Automounter in Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6

3. OPL3-SAx WDM Driver

4. gdm security hole ??

5. Yamaha OPL3-SAX sound card...

6. Moving directories accross partitions

7. Yamaha OPL3-SAx

8. format "E" not supported???

9. Yamaha OPL3-SAx sound?

10. Found Solution to Yamaha OPL3-SAx soundcard config!

11. Yamaha OPL3-SAx Sound Card in 2.2.5or 2.2.6 using Luigi Drivers

12. Yamaha OPL3-SAx solved!