How to get a user's last login record?

Post by Chi-Jang Hua » Sun, 07 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

    Is there any way to see a user's last login record on a system
    where "wtmp" and "utmp" is reset everyday?  Any suggestion is
    highly appreciated.

    --Chijang Huang.
==========================

Post by Kevin Si » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

>     Is there any way to see a user's last login record on a system
>     where "wtmp" and "utmp" is reset everyday?  Any suggestion is
>     highly appreciated.

>     --Chijang Huang.
> ==========================

Have you tried typing 'last' ?
just write that to a file at login.

hope that help!

kevin

Post by BRUNO TIAGO E. RODRIGUES(le » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

:     Is there any way to see a user's last login record on a system
:     where "wtmp" and "utmp" is reset everyday?  Any suggestion is
:     highly appreciated.

finger -m <username> ??????

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...

1. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

Is there anyway to login to an account 'as a normal user' without your
login getting recorded into the last login file.

I know that this is a binary file and no one could re-write it. Moreover,
I know that .hushlogin file could also be created in /etc and that would
tell the system not to record the current login, but you would have to be
GOD (root) to be able to create that file in /etc

So, I would appreciate any assistance that anyone could offer on this
matter.

**     WILLIAM GHORISHI                                           **
**     DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO      **

**     URL          :   http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~93ghoris/    **
**     BELIEF       :   "GOD IS REAL, UNLESS CAST TO AN INTEGER!" **

2. Apache Book, which one?

3. The 'last' command doesn't record users logout

4. xmosaic

5. getting date user's passwd last changed?

6. Tape Drive from Exabyte

7. Getting users to show up 'on console' with xdm logins under Solaris 2.5

8. Winmodem installation

9. how to trace users' login and logout records

10. How to get user's login record?

11. last doesn't show user login in time

12. Finding user's last login time

13. How to last login date for a user at login time??