PPP and PAP secrets file

Post by Tin V » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I'm having problem with configuring PPP with PAP for my Sprint ISP account.

I can dial and everything but the PAP seems not to kick in after the modem
connection is made.

Can someone give me some guide lines about the pppd options and/or pap-secrets
file?

If anyone is using Sprint ISP, and have PPP working please help :)

Thanks for your time.

Tin.

PPP and PAP secrets file

Post by zenta » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi, I'm having problem with configuring PPP with PAP for my Sprint ISP account.

>I can dial and everything but the PAP seems not to kick in after the modem
>connection is made.

>Can someone give me some guide lines about the pppd options and/or pap-secrets
>file?

>If anyone is using Sprint ISP, and have PPP working please help :)

>Thanks for your time.

I have used ezppp very successfully. It is as easy as win95 dialout
setup.
I'm on a gridnet pop connected to mindspring.
Everyone on mindspring pops say how easy the scripted connections
are, but I have only been able to connect with ezppp.

If you do go with ezppp, and need the pppd options for it,

But the docs are prettygood.

Either serch for it on yahoo, or I hear it is on www.freshmeat.com