Can LILO Boot DOS From Second IDE Drive?

Post by Jim Lentz Bldg A 83 » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>   How would I set up LILO to boot DOS from  my 2nd (slave) IDE drive
>which is called HDB1 in LINUX? So far I've had no luck.....
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated......

You need to add the following line to the entry for the DOS
partition on the 2nd drive in the lilo.conf file:
loader = /boot/any_d.b

Just be careful as this swaps drive letters if you have an
existing DOS partition on the first drive.

Jim
--

These opinions are mine (maybe) and not those of my employer.

Post by Don Dettk » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>   How would I set up LILO to boot DOS from  my 2nd (slave) IDE drive
>which is called HDB1 in LINUX? So far I've had no luck.....
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Here is my image section that lets me boot dos on a SCSI drive in a
system that also has one IDE drive:

other = /dev/sda4
  LOADER=/boot/any_d.b
  label = dos
  table = /dev/sda

I think something like that should work for dos on the 2nd IDE if
you replace "sda" with "hdb".  See the LILO User's Guide for more
details.

--
Don Dettke,  Software Engineering Consultant