user's default home

Post by Sam Tsu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I would like Linux create user's home directory defaultly by "home2",
but not "home".

what config files should I edit?

Thanks.

user's default home

Post by Martin Schmid » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You may create users with the adduser
(maybe it was useradd i dont remember exactly)
program . There is an command line option to
set the path of the homedirectory .
Try adduser --help or man adduser to figure out
the right option .

Quote:> I would like Linux create user's home directory defaultly by "home2",
> but not "home".

> what config files should I edit?

> Thanks.

user's default home

Post by Juergen Hein » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I would like Linux create user's home directory defaultly by "home2",
>but not "home".

[-]
useradd is the standard programme of the shadow password suite
and uses the file /etc/default/useradd, e.g. ...

# useradd defaults file
GROUP=100
HOME=/home
INACTIVE=14
EXPIRE=90
SHELL=/bin/bash
SKEL=/etc/skel

... but of course you can override all options and this file
might not even exist; it's not required. See man useradd though as
your installation might have put it somewhere else.

Ta',
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl         \       no flames      /