>I wonder if you can help.
>Iam trying to install Redhat Linux 5.1. The problem I have is that in the
>machine there are two scsi adaptors:
>i)Adaptec AHA1542 CP PnP ISA
>ii) Adaptec AHA2940 W/UW
>The problem I have is that I can get Linux to detect one or the other but not
Try giving options to lilo (the following two are excerpts from the source
* LILO params: aha1542=<PORTBASE>[,<BUSON>,<BUSOFF>[,<DMASPEED>]]
* Where: <PORTBASE> is any of the valid AHA addresses:
* 0x130, 0x134, 0x230, 0x234, 0x330, 0x334
* <BUSON> is the time (in microsecs) that AHA spends on the AT-bus
* when transferring data. 1542A power-on default is 11us,
* valid values are in range: 2..15 (decimal)
* <BUSOFF> is the time that AHA spends OFF THE BUS after while
* it is transferring data (not to monopolize the bus).
* Power-on default is 4us, valid range: 1..64 microseconds.
* <DMASPEED> Default is jumper selected (1542A: on the J1),
* but experimenter can alter it with this.
* Valid values: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 (MB/s)
* Factory default is 5 MB/s.
* A Boot time option was also added for not resetting the scsi bus.
* Form: aic7xxx=extended
* aic7xxx=irq_trigger:[0,1] # 0 edge, 1 level
I bet just giving aha1542=0x330 (or whatever port you use) should solve the
As someone else said, with a simple setup like that, you may be better offQuote:>Adaptor i) has the cd rom attached and adaptor ii) has the hard drive
putting everything on one chain (I do have two SCSI chains a home, but
that's because I have more than 10 devices, from slow narrow SCSI 5 to ultra
fast wide SCSI 40 :-D).
Home page: http://magic.metawire.com/~merlin/ (browser friendly)