Discussion groups

Post by Anders Peterso » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I did a search on discussion groups
who's names contained "linux". There
were many. More than 200 I think (too
many to count). Why so many, and which
should I use if I have questions on
configuring my system (getting
everything to work - I'm new to Linux).
/Anders
--

+46-(0)70-843 78 92
Optimatika, www.optimatika.se,

Discussion groups

Post by Richard Stein » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>I did a search on discussion groups who's names contained "linux".
>There were many. More than 200 I think (too many to count). Why
>so many,

I think you'll find that the Linux newsgroups have a fairly high volume
of message traffic.  Many groups, each devoted to specific topics, were
created to help split the traffic into more easily managed pieces.

The comp.os.linux.* newsgroups are the "main" ones.

Quote:>and which should I use if I have questions on configuring my system
>(getting everything to work - I'm new to Linux).

This newsgroup is a very good one for general setup/install questions,

--

           OS/2 Warp 4 + Linux + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!
                   The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.