PPP RH 5.0 versus RH 5.2 ?

Post by Franci » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Anybody know if the network configurator is different in RH 5.2 from the
same thing in RH 5.0 ? My PPP will not connect to my ISP now,since I
installed RH 5.2. The modem will dial out however. I re-installed RH 5.0
and the PPP worked fine like always. Any ideas? Thanks.

PPP RH 5.0 versus RH 5.2 ?

Post by Rod Smi » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> Anybody know if the network configurator is different in RH 5.2 from the
> same thing in RH 5.0 ? My PPP will not connect to my ISP now,since I
> installed RH 5.2. The modem will dial out however. I re-installed RH 5.0
> and the PPP worked fine like always. Any ideas? Thanks.

The ppp package is different in RH 5.2 vs. RH 5.0.  I don't know why, but
for some reason the ppp from RH 5.1 and 5.2 doesn't work with my ISP
(fast.net), but the one from RH 5.0 does -- or, at least, I've not been
able to figure out how to get the more recent ppp to work with my ISP.
I've simply forced a "downgrade" by using the --force option to rpm to
install the older package, and I'm now set.

Of course, I can't guarantee that your problem is the same as mine, but it
might be.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the digit and following word from my address to mail me

PPP RH 5.0 versus RH 5.2 ?

Post by Michel Catuda » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Anybody know if the network configurator is different in RH 5.2 from the
> same thing in RH 5.0 ? My PPP will not connect to my ISP now,since I
> installed RH 5.2. The modem will dial out however. I re-installed RH 5.0
> and the PPP worked fine like always. Any ideas? Thanks.

Have you checked to see if you need pap support? It is not
done by default, enabling this fixed the problem for me.

--
Tann du plantage avec Ti-Mou?
Alors essayez donc Linux ou OS/2