Screen refresh problem with RH 5.2

Post by David Hal » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

   I have recently installed RH 5.2 and X seems a little quirky. If I do
a directory listing that is larger than my shell window or I use a a
scroll bar in an app (like the Gimp), a portion of the upper-left-hand
corner of the screen is super-imposed over most of the window I
performed the action in. This happens regardless of the window manager I
use. If I minimize the window and reopen it or place another window on
top of it, the window repaints and everything if fine. Any idea what I
can do here? Have I configured something incorrectly? I did notice on
setup that SuperProbe thought I only had 64k of memory on the card. I
changed this to 2mb and it didn't complain. My video card is a generic
Cirrus Logic 5436 with 2mb/ram.

Thanks,
Dave

1. RH 5.2 keyboard or text screen accent problem

I don't have any suggestions since I am new to Linux. I intend to
install and use Linux Mandrake this week. I have one comment, though:
when writing French and Spanish documents in Windows, all I need is a
QWERTY keyboard and the "compose key" method common to most word
processors and native to the Windows (English) US International
Keyboard configuration. I have never understood the need to use a very
complicated keyboard that necessitates dual and triple key pressing.
The three accents and cedille can be had with the compose key. More
complex languages are a totally different thing, though.

2. Unix Web Hosting

3. FTP RH 5.2 -> RH 5.2 = NFT (No File Transfer)

4. Win 98 and Linux on seperate disk

5. Problem with scripts that work on RH 4.2 but not RH 5.2

6. MyDomain -> Server IP Question...

7. Upgrading from RH 5.2 to RH 6.1 Problems

8. Displays on X86 Solaris Oh Joy!

9. Red Hat 5.2 Loadlin HOWTO (WAS: Can't install LILO from RH 5.2)

10. Tulip Driver worked under RH 5.0, doesn't under 5.2 or SuSE 5.2, any ideas?

11. RH 5 --> RH 5.2: probs

12. Restoring user's passwords after RH 5.2 -> RH 6.1 refit

13. Upgrading from RH 5.2 to RH 6.2-- How ??