Setting up aLinux client to use a shared printer

Setting up aLinux client to use a shared printer

Post by Sune Carlz » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:57:52

Hi,

I have a problem setting up printing to a shared printer. It is a NT
server that owns the printer and I have managed to print  via smbspool
and also via CUPS but the problem is that I can only do raw printing.

The printer is a Gestetner 3225 and I found on their site a Linux
printer setup script but the setup unfortunately assumed I have a
direct TCP/IP connection to the printer which is not the the case
since the printer is installed on the NT servers printer port.

Can anyone advise me what to do? Is there any generic filter printer I
can use on CUPS ? Or is there any other way to setup a working
printing ?

Best regards,
 Sune