INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

Post by Joseph Mac » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I want to set up an internal news server at work, not
connected to a usenet feed. The docs for INN say that
I don't need to read the docs if I'm not going to connect
to usenet.

        Well then how do I set up my own newsgroups,
is INN not a news server and I am barking up the wrong
tree or is INN a newsserver and the setup obvious?

Thanks Joe

1. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

Hi

I've been trying to set up a news server on my Linux system and have
tried with both C News and INN.  The problem I'm having is that I want
to set up a daemon-based system that will only be used for posting
articles to USENET.  I will not be requiring the server to collect new
articles.

As far as I can see, the CNews and INN systems only have documentation
on setting it up with Demon Internet.  I'm not so stupid that I can't
modify the config for my own system, but I'm having a helluva time
trying to do this.  I've read the HOW-TO docs, the files on the CD in
the slack-docs directory and gone through as many different combinations
of configurations as I can and I'm still lost.

Would any really kind/nice/guru type persons out there who can give me
the location(s) of other documentation/news servers/large steel axes
please reply to this message?  This is really urgent so a quick reply
would be great.

If you require any more info, please e-mail me at

Thanks

Jack

2. Help with Ncurses setup

3. INN/nntp - is this a news server too?

4. Is Linux Faster than Windows for Web Browsing?

5. NNTP News Server (INN) and Sources

6. Problems whith Epson Color Stylus 500 printer.

7. NNTP News & Local News

8. Printer uder Linux. HELPME PLEASE

9. INN: Reading in var/spool/news/in.coming before NNTP uplink ?

10. My News Stopped Working (INN/NNTP)

11. inn will now run (reprint from news.software.nntp)

12. News, News, News!

13. help:feeding news to local news server