testing slrn

Post by Neil » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:01:33

--
Linux Rules the roost.
Ham Radio Rules the waves...http://www.qsl.net/wa4chq

testing slrn

Post by Bruce Burhan » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:45:57

Hey Neil,

Seems to work just fine.  Way to go.

And as for the  self-appointed  net-cop,
(who REALLy needs to get a life and to quit harassing  newcomers.)

Just ignore the bozo.  We all do.

I'd like to ask him  just who was harmed by this
post,  but sensible questions really tax his limited
resources.

Bruce
--
     Bellingham   Washington   USA
     bburhan1  [ AT]   earthlink  [ DOT]  net

Quote:

> --
> Linux Rules the roost.
> Ham Radio Rules the waves...http://www.qsl.net/wa4chq

testing slrn

Post by Paul Lutu » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:51:21

Ever break into a closed net with a kilowatt? You just did the Usenet
equivalent.

Always use alt.test for testing, it is the Usenet equivalent of a dummy
load.

-.. .  -.- . --... --.. --..  ...-.-

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

testing slrn

Post by Peter T. Breue » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:35:42

> And as for the  self-appointed  net-cop,
> (who REALLy needs to get a life and to quit harassing  newcomers.)

Go away.

Peter

testing slrn

Post by CrayzeeWul » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 05:54:36

> Seems to work just fine.  Way to go.
> Just ignore the bozo. We all do.

You are the bozo for encouraging such posts.

Quote:

> I'd like to ask him  just who was harmed by this
> post,  but sensible questions really tax his limited
> resources.

Imagine people getting encouraged by morons like you and posting tests in
this newsgroup on a regular basis. Soon we will have three real posts
buried between ten thousand test posts. Is that what you want ?

--
CrayzeeWulf

testing slrn

Post by Peter Karlsso » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:05:15

begin  virus.exe

>> Seems to work just fine.  Way to go.
>> Just ignore the bozo. We all do.

> You are the bozo for encouraging such posts.

>> I'd like to ask him  just who was harmed by this
>> post,  but sensible questions really tax his limited
>> resources.

> Imagine people getting encouraged by morons like you and posting tests in
> this newsgroup on a regular basis. Soon we will have three real posts
> buried between ten thousand test posts. Is that what you want ?

TEST

Regards,
Peter :-)
--
My email address is munged. Drop YOUR PANTS...
Registered GNU/Linux User # 279409 (http://counter.li.org)

testing slrn

Post by Bit Twiste » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:57:54

> And as for the  self-appointed  net-cop,
> (who REALLy needs to get a life and to quit harassing  newcomers.)

No, just giving newbies a chance to improve their Usenet skills,
unlike some people.

Quote:

> I'd like to ask him

      No, I grew up on a farm.
      I learned to not try teaching a pig how to sing,
      it wastes your time and irritates the pig.

Quote:> just who was harmed by this  post,

Last article count on attbi's news server is 387,280 for alt.test.
Put that kind of traffic in "Technical News Groups" and they become useless.

Quote:>  but sensible questions really tax his limited  resources.

Bruce, Please do not reply.
I would not want to tax your standard reply.

Re: sed vs awk
When I told you to f**k off,  option, it was a command that I do
indeed have the power to carry out and have
comp.os.linux.misc - Nov. 24, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (18 articles)

Re: kernel not compiling - URGENT !
why don't you all shut the f*** up and do your homework?
comp.os.linux - Oct. 17, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (16 articles)

Re: newbie: where is root's .bashrc to set aliases, ...
... mapping on and off? Perhaps with different ... Otherwise shut the f*** up
comp.os.linux.setup - Nov. 3, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (20 articles)

Re: Linux on a 1.44MB Disk
I post what I want. If you don't like it you can f*** off
alt.linux - Nov. 9, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (27 articles)

Re: Newbie - needs help configuring boot files
... Loser" And you really need to f*** off. Which has now been accomplished.
alt.os.linux - Nov. 20, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (8 articles)

Re: installation blues
... one listens to you. So f*** off and shut your ignorant, meddling
alt.os.linux - Nov. 6, 2002 by Bruce Burhans - View Thread (11 articles)

testing slrn

Post by Bruce Burhan » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:32:08

> > Seems to work just fine.  Way to go.
> > Just ignore the bozo. We all do.

> You are the bozo for encouraging such posts.

> > I'd like to ask him  just who was harmed by this
> > post,  but sensible questions really tax his limited
> > resources.

> Imagine people getting encouraged by morons like you and posting tests in
> this newsgroup on a regular basis. Soon we will have three real posts
> buried between ten thousand test posts. Is that what you want ?

Let's see  if you can deal with a little logic:

People who post tests  are not likely to look through all the ngs for  posts
with the subject "test"
are they?

So how the hell are they going to even SEE  his
post?

And  since people who post tests  haven't seen
any such posts, and we are NOT  flooded with
them,  then  what would you conclude in a moment
of lucidity?

Next,  if you can just concentrate for a moment longer,  I ask you to
consider the fact that people
who send out tests only do it ONCE, as a rule
(this has been my observation)  and therefore his
post is TOO  LATE  to have any effect at all.

In fact,  all you supporters of  TwistedBits  have
used up more server space and bandwidth (or
caused it to be used up by posts which  obviously
need responding to, as here )  than all the tests I
have seen on the Linux NGs in months!!

You are *ing STUPID.

Bruce
--
     Bellingham   Washington   USA
     bburhan1  [ AT]   earthlink  [ DOT]  net

testing slrn

Post by Bit Twiste » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:41:48

    <snipped stuff Bruce should have>

Quote:> Let's see  if you can deal with a little logic:

> People who post tests  are not likely to look through all the ngs for  posts
> with the subject "test"
> are they?

> So how the hell are they going to even SEE  his post?

They are going to see it when they post a follow up, to their test
or read the replies.

Quote:> And since people who post tests haven't seen any such posts, and we
> are NOT flooded with them, then what would you conclude in a moment of
> lucidity?

That the newbie majority were lurkers who read a group before posting
and saw the nettip?

Quote:> Next, if you can just concentrate for a moment longer, I ask you to
> consider the fact that people who send out tests only do it ONCE, as a
> rule (this has been my observation) and therefore his post is TOO LATE
> to have any effect at all.

Or they read the follow up infomation and decided not to be an idiot.

Quote:> In fact, all you supporters of TwistedBits have used up more server
> space and bandwidth (or caused it to be used up by posts which
> obviously need responding to, as here ) than all the tests I have seen
> on the Linux NGs in months!!

There is no way to measure how much we may have SAVED because the
newbies are not posting off topic items in a group, multiposting, or
they are Searching The Fine Web (STFW) or reading the man pages before
asking questions.

Quote:> You are *ing STUPID.

Geese, I know better than trying to teach pigs to sing.

testing slrn

Post by Neil » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:31:08

Well I guess the test I ran with slrn worked.  A couple of you guys made
a new guy like me feel welcome.  The rest of you obviously are perfect.
If my mere 2 words were really such a mistake... ie: "read the faq's"
etc, then I gotta believe every question put to this list and most
others like this have been asked before.  Why then don't you tell them
to read the archives and quit posting stupid questions?  As far as the
dummy load and running a kw during a net....sri om, qrp hr...1w or less.
Now, let me think a some question I have I have about Linux so I can
find out who the pro's really are....
cheers

--
Linux Rules the roost.
Ham Radio Rules the waves...

testing slrn

Post by Scott M. Smi » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:14:19

Quote:>Well I guess the test I ran with slrn worked.  A couple of you guys made
>a new guy like me feel welcome.  The rest of you obviously are perfect.
>If my mere 2 words were really such a mistake... ie: "read the faq's"
>etc, then I gotta believe every question put to this list and most
>others like this have been asked before.  Why then don't you tell them
>to read the archives and quit posting stupid questions?  As far as the
>dummy load and running a kw during a net....sri om, qrp hr...1w or less.
>Now, let me think a some question I have I have about Linux so I can
>find out who the pro's really are....
>cheers

        Nice touch.  When you find out who the pros are, let me know,
        will ya?

        -- Scott M. Smith

>> Ever break into a closed net with a kilowatt? You just did the Usenet
>> equivalent.

>> Always use alt.test for testing, it is the Usenet equivalent of a dummy
>> load.

>> -.. .  -.- . --... --.. --..  ...-.-

>--
>Linux Rules the roost.
>Ham Radio Rules the waves...

testing slrn

Post by Bruce Burhan » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 08:09:25

> Well I guess the test I ran with slrn worked.  A couple of you guys made
> a new guy like me feel welcome.  The rest of you obviously are perfect.
> If my mere 2 words were really such a mistake... ie: "read the faq's"
> etc, then I gotta believe every question put to this list and most
> others like this have been asked before.  Why then don't you tell them
> to read the archives and quit posting stupid questions?  As far as the
> dummy load and running a kw during a net....sri om, qrp hr...1w or less.
> Now, let me think a some question I have I have about Linux so I can
> find out who the pro's really are....
> cheers

>> Ever break into a closed net with a kilowatt? You just did the Usenet
>> equivalent.

>> Always use alt.test for testing, it is the Usenet equivalent of a dummy
>> load.

Oh RIGHT ON Neil......And this a MY little test with slrn....Nice isn't it?

You'll pick up on who the Net-Nanny-Nazis, Trolls, and FatHeads(People-Who-
Think-They-Know-Everything-But-Don't-and-are-Obnoxious-About-It)

I myself am somewhere between  newbie and guru, like most of us here.

Bruce