Zip drive on LPT2 (0x278); how?

Post by Kajetan Szalankiewic » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi, I'm trying to get linux to recognise my zip drive on LPT2 at address
0x278.  I have changed /etc/conf.modules file but now at bootup I get a
message Symbol '_base' not found.

What an I doing wrong?

PS. I'm using Red Hat 4.2. During install the PPA3 auto-probe failed.

  Kajetan Szalankiewicz

  WWW: http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~kajs
  Computer Systems Engineering, Carleton University

1. Zip drive on LPT2 - help

I installed a second parallel port on my Redhat 5.1 box so that I
could hang the printer off one port, and my Zip drive off another.
This setup works fine in Windoze 95
HOWEVER....
Under Linux
the printer on LPT1 (works fine), but when I try mounting the zip
drive (on /dev/sda4), linux complains that the kernel doesnt recognise
/dev/sda4 as a block device. I've edited ppa.c  to point to 0x278
(LPT2), and the module loads just fine

I've tried loading as a module
        (insmod ppa ppa_base=0x278),
and also building into the kernel, but no success.

Any thoughts??

2. creating a whatis database on AIX

3. pp zip on lpt2

4. REQUEST: Compiled version of Satan for Solaris 2.4

5. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

6. HOME MADE PC WHICH WORK WITH LINUX SYSTEM

7. Zip Zoom Cards & Zip Drives

8. No Job Control in Shell Error

9. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

10. ZIP drives ain't zipping