1. Help needed with upgrading Linux & gcc (I'm stuck!)
For almost a year now, I have been running linux 0.99pl13 and gcc 2.4.5 and have been very happy. The time has come though to upgrade. The impetus for this is wishing to
run Term which requires a newer kernal.
I obtained a copy of linux1.1.67 tar archive (from tsx-11.mit.edu). I found out that my compiler was too old and needed upgrading as well.
From tsx-11.mit.edu I fond an archive called gcc258.tgz and tried installing this.
The compiler now complains that it couldn't find ld.so. So, back to tsx-11 to look
for 'ld.so'. I found one which I installed and now I have a compiler/library complaint about incompatable versions.
The upshot of all of this is I am now completely HOSED and now I am having lots of trouble trying to back all of these upgrades (I'll use the term loosely here :-} ) out.
Can somebody please, please, please help me straighten this out.
2. Log Monitor
4. Getting "SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument" with 'route add' ...?
5. GCC 2.7.0 upgrade help needed plz
7. Need advice/help upgrading kernel/gcc/g++/etc...
9. Need help upgrading GCC and related libraries
10. NEED HELP in upgrading gcc-2.7.0
11. FreeBsd 3.4 - needed to upgrade gcc ?
12. need info - upgrading libc and gcc
13. File needed since I upgraded GCC