length error installing RedHat 6.1 Alpha

length error installing RedHat 6.1 Alpha

Post by a.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello.

I am trying to install RedHat 6.1 on my Digital Alpha XL300 machine
(using AlphaBIOS 5.70).

I can't seem to boot successfully from the generic floppy image.

From MILO, I type:

   boot fd0:vmlinux.gz root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1

The kernel image starts loading.  But, partially through the load I get
"length error -- halting" and the thing dumps me back into MILO.

I've tried creating the floppy image using both rawrite in Windows and
dd in UNIX.  Also tried several different floppies with the same
results.  Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Error msg with install of redhat 6.1

I tried to install redhat linux 6.1 from downloaded files on my hard drive
when it gets to the screen that says analayising pacakges I get the
following error.

Traceback (innermost last);
    file "/usr/bin/anaconda.real",
line 225, in ?
    intf.run(todo, test = test)
"/tmp/lib/python1.5/site-packages/te
xt.py", line 1000, in run
    rc = apply (step[1](), step[2])
file
"/tmp/lib/python1.5/site-packages/te
xt.py", line 468, in __call__
    todo.getcompslist.()
file
"/tmp/lib/pyton1.5/site-packages/yo
do.py", line 930, in getheaderlist
    self.method. read.headers()
file
"/tmp/lib/pyton1.5/site-packages/ha
rddrive.py", line 45, in readheaders
    isys.umount ("/tmp/hdimage")
file
"/tmp/lib/pyton1.5/site-packages/is
ys.py", line 8, in umount
    return - isys.umount (what
system error: (16, 'Device or
resourse busy 1.)

2. Newbie - FreeBSD5.0 and Win XP Pro

3. install redhat 6.1 error

4. problem booting with new kernel

5. Error msg with install of redhat 6.1

6. Partitioning a drive over 8GB

7. error installing cbw on redhat 6.1

8. nastygram from labelit.

9. Error msg with install of redhat 6.1

10. Redhat 6.1 install and freeze after package install

11. timed on ALPHA RedHat 6.1

12. Netscape for Alpha/RedHat 6.1