1. strange problems with LILO
Yeah, this is really strange...
I used to have my linux system on my /dev/hda disk, but then I bought a 30
MB disk and moved the system over to that one. However, the old disk is
still the /dev/hda one, which means that my system is now on /dev/hdb...
Anyway... I made some changes to my lilo.conf and run "/sbin/lilo", however,
when rebooting, I get "LIL", and then the screen is cleared, with a cursor at t
he bottom of the screen (unable to type)...
the strange part, is that if I boot using the old system.. (I haven't
removed the stuff from the old disk YET), and write back the old setting, it
works like it should... (yeah... the root disk is set to /dev/hdb1 in both
on the new system *all* my partitions are ReiserFS ones, and I'm using LILO
version 21.6, which handles ReiserFS boot disks...
here are two VERY important lines.... (I didn't include the rest of the lilo)
anyway... with boot & root set to this in my old system, running lilo
installs a functional LILO, however doing the same on my new one, installs a
NON working LILO (as I told earlier)..
anyway... the rest of the file is same (since I just moved the whole system
over to the new disk/partitions)..
anyone who knows what might be wrong here??
thank you *very* much!
Rune Elvemo --- Octagon / Digital Minds
2. DiskSuite with Solaris 8/SPARC and EIDE drives
3. Strange problem with LILO (screen full of 01's)
4. Compilation error in VSPASS3
5. Strange problem with LILO Delay
6. Newbie: DHCP and Static IPs together?
7. Strange problem with LILO
8. hardware information??
9. strange problem with lilo
10. Strange LILO Problem (SLS 1.03)
11. Strange Lilo "LI" problems
12. strange LILO problem
13. HELP !!!!!!!!! Very strange problem with BIOS and LILO !!!!!