why doesn't "kill -9 -1" kill KDE control-panel

why doesn't "kill -9 -1" kill KDE control-panel

Post by Mural » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have KDE control panel open before i logoff & shutdown. When i
shutdown i checked the processes that are existent after kill -9 -1. I
saw that control panel is still there (tried to kill -9 -1 again, didn't
work). Because of this the os cannot unmount my partitions.
Any ideas are helpful.
thanks,
Murali

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. mount not killed with "kill -9"

Hi
I am running nfs server and clients on RH 7.1
Due to some configuration problems, the "mount" command hangs
for a long time.
That's not THE problem (it has to do with some complex network
configuration)
The problem is, that while mount is trying to do it's job, I try to
"kill -9"
it, and it does not kill the process.
How can that be ?
AFAIK, "kill -9" should kill everything.

At some later point, mount exits and reports the error. But how can I kill
it
when I want to ?

2. How to compile X11R6-3.3 completely static ?!?

3. 'kill -9 -1' in X = freeze

4. removing system name in login

5. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

6. Linux test suites

7. kill -9 doesn't kill (continued)

8. Oh no, local symbols in discarded section .exit.text _again_ :)

9. kill -9 doesn't kill a process!

10. kill -9 doesn't kill a process

11. kill -9 doesn't kill a process ?

12. why can't I kill a process using kill -9 xxxx

13. Catching "kill -9" and "^C"