Real Player 5.0 and Linux

Post by Andrew Geor » Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:00:00

arggh!  here is my Real Player problem, please help!
okay, when i start up Real Player 5.0, either by invoking it as a netscape
application or starting it up at the command line, it beings to re-buffer
and then it says 'playing network stream' - it looks like it is about to
play!  but, then it hangs, and doesn't play anything.  the clock doesn't
start.  if i hit pause/play continously and rapidly, i can sort of hear
what i want to hear.  my sound is installed properly, i can cat .au files
to /dev/audio and i can play mp3s.  it is just frustrating because there
are no error messages!  can anyone help?  please email me!!!
thanks!

Andrew George                     |Stay free from petty jealousies,   |
Johns Hopkins University          |Live by no man's code,             |

http://hops.cs.jhu.edu/~nightfly  |                - Bob Dylan           |

1. RedHat 5.0 and Real Player 5.0 for Linux

I am having real trouble with Real Player! When I click on a link for a
Real Audio or Real Video file in Netscape, the player comes up and
receives data. But it only skips through it and makes an occasional
"gurgle" of audio or blip of video. I have plenty of speed and 128 megs
of RAM, plus a very good sound card. Other audio apps sound great. Any
ideas out there on the cause of this?

2. Stupid SS1000 ethernet question

3. Problem with using the Real Video player 5.0 on Redhat Linux 5.2

4. ???---Redirecting sterr in X to xcosole ---???

5. Real Player 5.0 in Debian Linux

6. 192.168.0.1 is on xl0 but got reply from 00:01:64:95:00:08 on xl1

7. Real Player 5.0 on RH Linux 6.0

8. sound-slot-0?

9. Real Player 5.0 on Solaris (depth problem)

10. Real Player 5.0

11. REAL PLAYER 5.0

12. Real Player 5.0

13. REAL PLAYER AND LD_LIBRARY PATH IN RHL 5.0