Slackware compiling problems, please help

Slackware compiling problems, please help

Post by Lars Hoogkame » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi there

I'm having some problems compiling a new kernel with scsi support. After
following all the necessery steps explained in the readme and the kernel
howto, it stops with the following screen:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/pci'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/pci'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi'
make all_targets
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-f
rame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486  -c -o scsi_syms.o
scsi_
syms.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-f
rame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486  -c -o hosts.o
hosts.c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-f
rame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486  -c -o scsi.o
scsi.c
/usr/i486-linux/bin/as: can't resolve symbol '_obs4ack_new#hunk'
scsi.c: In function `scsi_init_malloc':
scsi.c:2490: output pipe has been closed
cpp: output pipe has been closed
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 13
make[3]: *** [scsi.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi'
make[1]: *** [sub_dirs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers'
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2
lars02:/usr/src/linux#

When checking for the Kernel Image I cannot find it so I think there are
some problems with the scsi sources.
Attached is a startup log. It comes up with ''some'' errors about scsi
modules.

Do I have to install the sources again? If so can someone tell me how?

The machine is 486dx33 w 8 megs Ram, 48 Mb swap split up in three
partitions of 16 Mb. Running Slakware Linux, kernel version 2.0.27

Please e-mail any replies as well as posting them to this newsgroup.

thanks
Lars

begin 600 Document.rtf
<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

1. please help: newly compiled kernel cannot compile (2.0.34 slackware)

Hi all,

i been struggling with this for a week now,

sympton:

newly compiled kernel will not compile anything, only spit a bunch of debug
information at me. sometimes error 1 and error 2.
the error are not the same each time, if i compile a new kernel with it, , the
error is a bunch of debug code, if i compile modules, it's error 1 and 2, if i
compile BitchX, it's ....

this kernel boots just fine. loads everything just fine. it just can't compile
anything successfully.

fixes i tried(no luck):
1. checked all the include file soft links in place (as suggested in HOWTO)
2. re-install all over (a few times)
3. re-install liberaries. (they are all from new slackware 3.5 CD set)

i'm really running out of fix now, will anyone please let me know of any other
things to try?

(by the way guys, it seems that menuconfig won't do it for sound config, use
config will make it work)

i really gota compile ipforwarding and ip maquerading before the semester starts
or i'll have to share one ethernet plug with my roomate. i tried reading dox and
all , will anyone please help, thanks.)

Carol

2. Printer port not found

3. Slackware 3.0 will not compile. HELP Please

4. Compiler version info on Solaris 8, 9, 10

5. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

6. pstop doesn't stop all threads

8. Default file permission problems during creation.

9. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

10. Slackware 3.4 MAJOR install problems. Please Help!

11. Slackware installation problem. Please help!!!

12. Please help me: problems installing Slackware.

13. Please Help: problems telnetting to slackware 3.4