yppasswd problem

Post by cuma » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:06:13

Hi I always get the following message:(on SuSE 7.1)

yppasswd: yppasswdd not running on NIS master host

also the users in the source /var/yp/passwd can not login!!

CAn anyone help me!

1. rpc.yppasswd problem

On my server (a SunOs 4.1.4 machine) it is running

rpc.yppasswdd /etc/passwd -m passwd

If I try to change a password or add a new
user I get the following error:

RPC: timed out
yppasswd couldn't change entry (RPC call failed)

If I do

rpcinfo -p

yppasswdd shows up

If I do

rpcinfo -u servername yppasswd

I get

rpcinfo: RPC timed out
progam 100009 version 0 is not available.

I have killed and restarted the daemon, and
passwd seems to work great. Other RPC services
(e.g. NFS) appear to be running fine (rpcinfo
returns ready and waiting).

Any ideas, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks in advance -
mitch

2. Soundcard?

3. NIS yppasswd problem

4. C library bug for long lines in /etc/group

5. Problem with a 4mm DAT drive on Sun Sparc

6. yppasswd problem

7. Linux as an investment

8. NIS and yppasswd problems

9. yppasswd problem