Linux not shutting down

Post by Jay » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

When I try to reboot it says INND "failed" and then it stops at 'shutting
down SQUID'. What do I do?

Linux not shutting down

Post by Barton Phillip » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Are you using innd and squid? A lot of time they are installed but not used.
Innd is the news server and squid is a proxy caching server. If you aren't
using them then stop those services. You can use linuxconf to do the job.
The tab is in the control area.

Quote:> When I try to reboot it says INND "failed" and then it stops at 'shutting
> down SQUID'. What do I do?

1. How to shut-off on a shut-down?

Hi,

I'm sure it is possible, I've done it before but I've lost my notes on
the subject: I just installed Suse 6.1 (yes six-dot-one, the old one) on
a labtob (laptop?) and I cannot find how or where to power down the
machine automatically on a shutdown. I know it is something in the
init.d or rc.d directories but I cannot find what or where to configure.

How can I (automatically) power-down my machine on a shutdown?

I don't think it is part of the issue but if it is, my machine is a
Toshiba Satalite Pro 440.

Thanks

CB

--
Everything should be as simple as possible but not simpler - A. Einstein
Corne' Beerse                                   | Alcatel Telecom Nederland

2. Is The Mindcraft Proposal Fair?

3. Problem with powering down when shutting down

4. Detecting IP packets

5. Mandrake 7.2 does not shut down properly

6. Freeware servers supporting SSL?

7. X not shutting down

8. Getting Sendmail to Read "Reply-To" and "Subject" from file

9. 2.5.27 RAID1 not shutting down at halt/reboot???

10. Shutting down and process not stopping

11. X not shutting down properly

12. system does not shut down automaticaly with kernel 2.5.14

13. Ultra 10 will not shut down