installing Java 3D on Red Hat Linux 6.0

Post by Robert S Larame » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello out there,

I am having some problems installing java 3D on my Red Hat Linux 6.0 OS.

In the README file it says:

  "This version of Java 3D for Linux requires the following:
    - Recent version of MesaGL, typically available from your Linux
      distribution
    - Java2 SDK 1.2 for Linux .  This can be obtained from
        http://java.blackdown.org"

1.  I downloaded Mesa-3.0 from www.mesa3d.org.  I ran the makefile with

and it seemed to compile fine (with a buch of warnings).
However, when i tried to run one of the demos e.g.:

I get the following error:
GLUT: Fatal Error in bounce: visual with necessary capabilities not
found.

Does anyone know what I should do here?

2.  When I try to run one of the java3d demos e.g.:

I get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/j3d/utils/applet/MainFrame
 at

I don't see this directory anywhere on my system.  Is there something
I'm
missing (obviously)?  Is this because java3d expects the root user to do

the installation? Any help anyone could provide would be much
appreciated.

-cheers, bob

--
Robert S Laramee             tel:    (603) 868-7831
14 McDaniel Drive            office: (603) 862-0350

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. New or Revised TAs on websco, 970322

3. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

4. ftp time

5. Java Colors on Red Hat Linux 6.0

6. bootp / dhcp - setup

7. UMC418

8. Compiling Java programs on Red Hat Linux 6.0

9. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

10. S3 Trio 3D and Red Hat 6.0/6.1 Installation

11. Help!! Red Hat 6.0 & S3 Trio 3D