Linux maybe dropping UDP packets?

Post by n/ » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi
Recently I installed a Linux gateway to my ISP. It's hardware is as
follows:
        486 DX2/80
        8Mb FPM RAM
        2.5Gb HDD
        33.6 Modem

I am using Redhat 5.0 and v2.0.33 of the kernel.

I am quite an avid Quakeworld player, and have noticed that since
installing the gateway, I get a LOT of WARNING: U_REMOVE ON FULL
UPDATE messages in Quake, and often my "view" doesn't move for minutes
at a time, while text and messages from other players still appear on
screen.
I was wondering what could cause this problem? Could the fact that my
linux box only has 8 Mb of RAM be causing problems, or is there a
switch I missed in compiling the kernel, or is the problem elsewhere?
Thanks in advance for your help. Please send any replies via email as
my ISP doesn't cache this newsgroup for very long, and I may miss any