Please help: Trident 975 and XFree86

Post by Enric Peig Oliv » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Trident 3DImage975 video card and the X
server. I can't get 1024x768. I've used xf86config for tailoring
XF86Config. All seems OK, but nothing appears on the monitor (Samsung
14") when I ask for the high resolution. 800x600 and 640x480 work fine.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Enric.

Please help: Trident 975 and XFree86

Post by Alba » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Check
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/3DImage975.html

--

Using Linux (RedHat 6.0)
** Try it! It's amazing!

Please help: Trident 975 and XFree86

Post by David Kenned » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm having problems with the Trident 3DImage975 video card and the X
>server. I can't get 1024x768. I've used xf86config for tailoring
>XF86Config. All seems OK, but nothing appears on the monitor (Samsung
>14") when I ask for the high resolution. 800x600 and 640x480 work fine.
>Any ideas? Thanks.

Same problem I had. You probably just have to upgrade your XF86 Server -
specifically the SVGA - I had an older one that shipped with RH5.2, and it
simply did not support the Trident AGP 975. Just download the source from
anywhere - try:

ftp.xfree86.org

Should fix your problem.

ME!

>Enric.

Please help: Trident 975 and XFree86

Post by Andrew Come » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 21 May 1999 18:01:47 +0200,

Quote:>Hi,

>I'm having problems with the Trident 3DImage975 video card and the X
>server. I can't get 1024x768. I've used xf86config for tailoring
>XF86Config. All seems OK, but nothing appears on the monitor (Samsung
>14") when I ask for the high resolution. 800x600 and 640x480 work fine.

Hi Enric,
This is the common problem with this chipset, but it is solvable.
Briefly, it suffices to change the order of resolutions in XF86Config...

See http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/3DImage975.html

Please post a follow-up: I'd like to know whether this helps..
Best,
a.

--
Looking for a Linux-compatible V.90 modem? See
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/CheapBox.html#modems

Please help: Trident 975 and XFree86

Post by Abdullah Ramazanogl » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello Andrew,

This is to thank and give some feedback to you. Sorry for intercepting.
I visited your site and followed your tips. They did work in a different
way for me:

- Changing the order of Modes (in Subsection Display) did have no
effect.
- There was no different behavior between starting in a specific mode or
changing into it from another mode. If it works, it works either way,
vice versa.
- Putting a single, manually selected Modeline "1024x768" entry in
Section Monitor solved my problem.

In my case the problem was that, the SVGA server couldn't make the right
selection when given multiple "1024x768" entries. But if it hadn't been
for your site, I wouldn't even come close to the idea of juxtaposing
entries in XF86Config. Again, thank you.
Regards,

> >I'm having problems with the Trident 3DImage975 video card and the X
> See http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/3DImage975.html

--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu    ( aramazanoglu AT demirbank DOT com DOT tr )