My man pages don't work! Any ideas?

Post by Brian Row » Mon, 08 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I  seem to have trouble with man pages. Many times its seems well,
necessary to read them, Anyone know how these should be set up or where
I can find a  HOWTO on the web to set them up?
Thank you.

My man pages don't work! Any ideas?

Post by Bluenote » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I  seem to have trouble with man pages. Many times its seems well,
>necessary to read them, Anyone know how these should be set up or where
>I can find a  HOWTO on the web to set them up?
>Thank you.

It's difficult to answer your question without further information about what
you mean by "I seem to have trouble with man pages".

Nevertheless, I had problems with my man pages, because I hadn't installed
"groff".  Groff is the GNU version of nroff and troff, text formatting
languages that have been used in UNIX for many years.  The groff language is
used primarily to compile man pages written and stored in groff/nroff format.

Maybe you didn't install groff (It would be on the D disk set, I believe.) On
my system, groff is in /usr/bin. So, if you are not sure if it is intalled, do
a cd /usr/bin.  Then ls g*.  If you don't see groff, install it.

If you provide more detailed information than "I seem to have trouble with man
pages", perhaps I can help further.

Robert John
Boston, MA

1. slackware 3.0 man pages don't work

Hi all, I just installed the "A" disk set of slackware 3.0 and have the
following problem.  When I do "man ls" (or man whatever) I get:

Formatting page, please wait...
sh: /usr/bin/gtbl: No such file of directory
sh: /usr/bin/groff: No such file or directory
line ?/? (END)

Why am I getting this and how do I make my man pages work normally?

Thanks,

Dan Lewis

2. IPTABLES, IPCHAINS, ARG!!

3. Help: Man pages don't work

4. Why doesn't the GnoRPM screen show up

5. kdehelp man pages don't work

6. Trident TGUI9400DGI Chip support

7. man pages don't work

8. TI34010 X-server? _Great_ deal! (not in FAQ)

9. Man pages don't work

10. MAN pages still don't work in Linux Slackware v.3.0

11. Man pages don't work?!?

12. man pages don't work right

13. man pages don't work