insmod problems

Post by G. Angus McCollu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am wondering if anyone has a guess at what I am doing wrong. I am
attempting to load a kernel module on MkLinux.

I issued the command:

insmod tulip.o

It responded with many lines like the following:

./tulip.o: unresolved symbol printk

When I checked the kernel symbols with the command:

ksyms -a | grep printk

I received the following:

1000ad24 _printk

Questions:

1. Should I use the ksyms command to to see the list of kernel symbols that
insmod uses to resolve dependencies?

2. What should I look for to resolve the "unresolved symbols".

3. Does anyone have a success story loading modules on MkLinux?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

- Angus

[...]

1. linux tcp/ip stack as a module...insmod problems

Hi,
I am trying to implement the whole tcp/ip  stack (below the INET
socket layer) as a module . Do not confuse this with setting the "m"
option during "make xconfig"....
I am attempting to build a custom stack which i can change at will...

My approach:
I thought of using all the code of the linux stack as a starting
point. I copied all .c files from /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4 to a
separate directory
Then i compiled each file (gcc -D__KERNEL__ -c ...) and got the
coresponding object file. I also wrote a dummy .c file which contained
the init_module and cleanup_module functions. Then i linked all these
object files together.

My Problem:
When i try to insmod the resulting .obj file, i get the error
"couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for".
This happens even if i turn off kernel versioning while building the
kernel.
what could be the problem?

-chinmay

2. timings in semaphores and shared memory.

3. insmod problem

4. Need Docs/faqs on Sun Interactive UNIX

5. insmod problems

6. rlogin problem : connection reset by peers

7. Help!!!!!!

8. insmod problems in Mandrake 6.1

9. Linux insmod problem

10. Network card/insmod problems