newbie: newbie: login problem with Linux Red Hat on IBM A20

newbie: newbie: login problem with Linux Red Hat on IBM A20

Post by fasy » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 16:25:19

Hi all
I have installed on my laptop IBM A20 a dual boot Red Hat Linux 7.2
with Windows 2000 Server. I can boot both partitions fine but the
Linux partition gives me headaches. I first installed Windows 2000
Server and then Linux. The first time I booted Linux I entered "root"
+ password and it worked fine. The second time it said "Authentication
failed" so as I am new to Linux I thought I might have messed up
something during the installation. So I reinstalled it properly and
now I've got the same problem: the first login goes smoothly but the
second doesn't work! So does someone have any ideas what the problem
is? Thanks a lot for any help

Fasyl

1. newbie: newbie: login problem with Linux Red Hat on IBM A20

Hi all
I have installed on my laptop IBM A20 a dual boot Red Hat Linux 7.2
with Windows 2000 Server. I can boot both partitions fine but the
Linux partition gives me headaches. I first installed Windows 2000
Server and then Linux. The first time I booted Linux I entered "root"
+ password and it worked fine. The second time it said "Authentication
failed" so as I am new to Linux I thought I might have messed up
something during the installation. So I reinstalled it properly and
now I've got the same problem: the first login goes smoothly but the
second doesn't work! So does someone have any ideas what the problem
is? Thanks a lot for any help

Fasyl

2. Compile problem in 2.4.5, es1371

3. newbie has rapidly flashing login screen in red-hat 6.2

4. xircom trouble

5. Newbie problem: Installing Red Hat Linux...

6. Kernel recompile--it just gets worse.

7. ext3fs driver for Windows

8. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

9. Newbie Problems - Red Hat 5.1 can't find HD

10. Red Hat 5 Partition LILO/DOS/NTFS problem newbie needshelp.urgent

11. Red Hat installation problem - newbie

12. Upgrading to Red Hat Linux 6.0 (newbie)