Via Sound Card on Asus K7M Mother Board

Post by Helpdesk Rome » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I have some problem to configure my sound card under Linux Red Hat 6.2,
Kernel 2.2.14 - 5.0

The utility Sndconfig report that don't detect a Kernel with the sound
module because don't find the file soundcore.o in the modules path but
the file exist!

Can you help me?

Gianluca Gigante
Italy, Rome

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

1. Sound not working on Asus P4S533-MX mother board

I have an Asus P4S533-MX mother board with an onboard
sound card. The sound card is based on the SiS7012
chipset. I tried to install Redhat 9.0 and the sound
card was not detected during installation. I did
sndconfig and it properly detected a SiS7012 sound
card but I was unable to hear the test sample sound
played. Then I selected various drivers in the manual
configuration including the Intel i810 drivers.
No luck. I downloaded a driver from sis website
(See http://driver.sis.com/linux/7012/Readme.txt), but
it gives compilation errors.

Any ideas?

2. mksysb writing to a lv

3. Sound on ASUS mother boards?

4. BASH Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ version 3.10)

5. Sound driver for ASUS K7M onboard sound

6. TOP for linux????

7. AC'97 Sound Driver Problem in VIA mother board

8. Star Office

9. 2 single CPU mother board and one dual-CPU mother board

10. 440LX Chipset mother board via S3 Chipset VGA Card

11. Asus K7M vs FIC SDll athlon boards??

12. DMA and/or corruption problems with VIA IDE driver (Athlon K7M board)

13. Asus K7M Mobo Sound vs. Alsa Driver