Linux(Redhat 5.0, Redhat 4.2, Slackware) failing to recognize hard drive.

Linux(Redhat 5.0, Redhat 4.2, Slackware) failing to recognize hard drive.

Post by Afsal C Majee » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
  I tried my luck with this problem in linux.redhat.install as well
as comp.os.linux.hardware. This is my last ditch effort to solve the
problem.

My Machine configuration:

IBM PS/Value Point 325S/T (Model Number 6382, Type C31), with 8MB RAM.
The IBM support has informed me that the  it has ISA bus but,
the hard disk sits on IDE controller.

I was able to boot linux with floppy as the root disk. But the hard
drive remains in accessible.

I have tried "hd=" and "hdx=" command line parameters with no success.

Ciao,
Afsal