XFree86 and ATI's All-in-Wonder Pro "HELP"

XFree86 and ATI's All-in-Wonder Pro "HELP"

Post by Blue Ang » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone got this card to work with Linux?
I am running Red Hat 5.2 and have updated the RPM to the latest
version, XFree86-mach64-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm, but I can't get it to work.
I keep getting the following information when I try to start
Fatal Server Error: No Screens Found.
-X11TransSocketUnixConnect: Can't connect: ERRNO=111 Giving Up
Xinit: Connection Refused (errno 111) unable to connect to X Server:
Xinit: No such Process (errno 3) Server Error

I'm new to Linux so any help would be appreciated.

If you have it up and working, would you please post me a copy of your
config file.

Thanks:
TomP

Post by Bob & Mary Aldridg » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Has anyone got this card to work with Linux?
> I am running Red Hat 5.2 and have updated the RPM to the latest
> version, XFree86-mach64-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm, but I can't get it to work.
> I keep getting the following information when I try to start
> Fatal Server Error: No Screens Found.
> -X11TransSocketUnixConnect: Can't connect: ERRNO=111 Giving Up
> Xinit: Connection Refused (errno 111) unable to connect to X Server:
> Xinit: No such Process (errno 3) Server Error

> I'm new to Linux so any help would be appreciated.

> If you have it up and working, would you please post me a copy of your
> config file.

> Thanks:
> TomP

If you are using the XFree86 (3.3.2..I think), use the ATI Expert Rage
Pro card selection, not the Mach64.  Use Mach 64 server, but select the
Expert Rage Pro card.