Hard disk detection Problem in Debian 2.1

Hard disk detection Problem in Debian 2.1

Post by Abhay Gidwan » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
 I'm trying to install Debian Linux 2.1 on an old Pentium 90 with a
western digital hard disk. After getting the boot: prompt from the
rescue diskette, it begins loading Linux but then I get an error about
the hard disks ports already being in use. The exact screen dump is
below:

ide: i82371 PIIX(Triton) on PCI Bus 0 Function 57
        ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1f0-01f7
        hda: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE

Can someone please let me know how I could get about troubleshooting
this error ? Needless to add, the hard disk does not get detected and so

Thanks
Abhay Gidwani

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Hard disk detection problem in Debian

Hi,
 I'm trying to install Debian Linux 2.1 on an old Pentium 90 with a
western digital hard disk. After getting the boot: prompt from the
rescue diskette, it begins loading Linux but then I get an error about
the hard disks ports already being in use. The exact screen dump is
below:

ide: i82371 PIIX(Triton) on PCI Bus 0 Function 57
        ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1f0-01f7
        hda: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE

Can someone please let me know how I could get about troubleshooting
this error ? Needless to add, the hard disk does not get detected and so

Thanks
Abhay Gidwani

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Newbie needs help

3. Unresolved hard disk problem, 2.1.x kernels and Seagate ST36531A 6.4GB UDMA

4. Apache and SS JS

5. Hard Disk Detection Problem

6. BOCA 2016 and Slackware 2.0.2 Setup

7. (kind-of OT) hard disk detection problem

8. Adding another hard drive for linux

9. FreeBSD (2.1), my old '486, and a 2.5 GB hard disc

10. hard disk problem in debian installation

11. WindowMaker under Debian 2.1 - MENU PROBLEMS

12. NFS-Root Problem in Debian 2.1??

13. Problem Installing OS and Kernel with Debian 2.1