X Server for Trident 8400 chipset

Post by John Mahal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Unfortunately, the video card on my current computer is an on board AGP with
a Trident 8400 chipset.  Does anyone know of an XServer or driver for this
card/chipset?  I can get X Windows to run, but only in 16 color 640 x 480
mode.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Mahala

1. driver for trident 8400 w/9430 dgi chipset

I'm trying to setup Linux for a friend of mine.  He has an integrated
motherboard that has the trident 9430 dgi video graphics adapter
(although there is one place where I thought I saw it say it was an 8400
with the 9430 chipset?).  I checked the xfree86 website and it says the
chipset is supported.  When I run XF86Setup I get a graphical setup (so
I know it works) but I haven't been able to get the XF86Config file
setup properly.

Any ideas?  Anyone have a config file that I could have a copy of that
would, perhaps, help us get his setup.  Any help is appreciated.

--Kaleb

2. NSOCKETS and NR_TASKS

3. How to Install Display Driver for PC Chips M585 (Trident 8400)????

4. Xserver probs on VMware

5. Help: Trident 8400 PCI/AGP driver

6. Using a UUCP hub for Internet Mail

7. X-Window and Trident 8400 Help Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee!!!

8. Printing with an HP DeskWriter (not DeskJet)

9. Trident 8400 driver for XFree86/Linux

10. Trident 8400 Graphics adapter

11. Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

12. X-Windows and Trident 8400

13. Trident 8400 & M585LMR Motherboard probems