Page Faults/Segmentation Faults??

Post by Perry Donh » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Many postings on this group have suggested that what you are seeing is
the result of a problem with the CPU's external cache. Try disabling
external cache in your BIOS setup.

I had very similar problems that were solved with this method. Of
course, there's a significant performance hit in not using a L2 cache.

Perry

                      PGP encrypted mail welcome
            Visit KidPub!  http://www.en-garde.com/kidpub

Page Faults/Segmentation Faults??

Post by James Baili » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have been trying install linux Slackware 3.0.0 for a couple weeks now.

> Linux 1.3.13 or 1.3.18

You might have to run 1.2.13, the latest stable kernel release. The 1.3 series
kernels are works-in-progress, which will culminate with a 1.4 stable release.

JB

Post by Shawn Rissm » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have been trying install linux Slackware 3.0.0 for a couple weeks now.
I have secessfully installed it once.  I continued to get page faults and
Segmentation faults.  Randomly, I would run ls I would get a fault then
run it again it was fine.  I decided to reinstall and I cannot the faults
keep aborting the installation or crashing it..

Any help???

Slackware 3.0.0
Linux 1.3.13 or 1.3.18
EIDE Controller
Dx2-66
16 meg ram
300meg Native Linux Partition
12 or 16 or 32 meg Swap Partition.
I am installing form a Sony 2x cd.

All hardware is propertly detected..

I cannot figure it out.

I have tried using boot disks:
        -abare
        -aidecd
        -idecd

Root disk
        -color.gz

I would really like to get installed, I am sick of using the school labs.

Shawn

1. Compiling *** VIM 5.3 *** Segmentation Fault..what is Seg-Fault..MEM Bounds?

Compiled fine........upgraded from 4.6  REdhat 5.0

got the src and rt of the autors VIM site via ftp.vim.org

changed the first requested by auther line in ".vimrc" file to not
read "version 4.00" and it worked once.....Gee

Now I am using it on everything ...DOS Win95 even NT40 !!!!

I know go back to the early version but still.....
what or why ...

"Segmentation Fault...Core dump"
thanks in advance.....Matt

2. Where is kernel configuration file?

3. Getting the fault adress in page faults.

4. getch()

5. Man pages: segmentation fault

6. TFTP sorcerer's apprentice syndrome

7. what is a micro (hat) fault and minor (as) faults

8. Powerglove driver problems with udelay() -- HELP!

9. "Segmentation fault( core dumped ) "<--- sentence is driving me mad!!!!!

10. segmentation fault ?

11. Get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but no core file found

12. Segmentation Faults and Bus Errors

13. Dosemu0.52 : Segmentation fault?