help: lost of beginning of disk

Post by Piotr Strycha » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

 I have 850MB hard disk divided into 5 physical partitions:
DOS(120M)/Linux(240M)/Swap(20M)/DOS(220M)/DOS(250M).
 Due to virus my boot sector has crashed. When I'd installed DOS again I found
that my partition table had lost one, last entry.
 So I had to reinstall partitions (I knew how partitions were placed before).
The program has done it, but after making good partitions it tried to clear
FAT on all partitions. So the first FAT has been damaged, the Linux's first
400 sectors has been overwritten, and... I stopped the process.
But it was too late. The first 400 (or so) sectors has been damaged !
 Is this a way to repair it ? I know that very large amount of files are
linked to clusters above that field.

Piotr.