need help installing an ISA PnP Modem

Post by Ricardo Chima » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I would be grateful if anyone would help me with the installation of my ISA
PnP modem, my skill in this OS is limited.

Post by Slava Pesto » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I would be grateful if anyone would help me with the installation of my ISA
> PnP modem, my skill in this OS is limited.

You will need isapnptools, they come with most distributions, but it yours
didn't look on oneof the linux ftp sites.
Basically, you use pnpdump to create a isa pnp config file, edit it for your
setup, and run it
through isapnp.

Don't hesitate to e-mail me if you need more help.

Slava

1. Need help setting up an ISA PNP hardware modem

I am using Mandrake 9.0. Mandrake control center can not find this
card.
A pnpdump identified this card as a NCI1000. This is an old
33.6kpbs/ISA.
This card can be set up as either PnP, or set to a specific IRQ.
Presently, I have it set up as PnP.
This is the only ISA card on my system.
I did an isapnp -c > /etc/isapnp.conf.
I now have the following line in /ect/isapnp.conf file:
(NAME "NCI1000/-1[0] {336ifxC Internal Modem  }")
(ACT Y)
In my /etc/isapnp.gone.rpmnew file: irq's 3,4,7 are listed and not
commented out. irq's 5,12 are listed but commented out.
In my /proc/interrups file, the following irq's are listed:
0,1,2,5,8,11,12,14,15.
I think irq 5 is used by pnp sound. I assume irq 6 is used by my
floppy.
Which would leave IRQs: 9,10, and 13?

Any help appreciated, thank you.

2. FreeBSD Network Question

3. Need Help with ISA PNP Modem

4. Templating with jserv

5. Install a 56K ISA PNP modem

6. Breaking the login restriction

7. The definitive ZOOM Diamond 2800 SVD SupraExpress ISA 33.6 PnP internal modem install!

8. Majordomo compile question....

9. HELP! : ISA PNP Modem

10. help with ISA PnP modem

11. help with NE2000 isa pnp card needed

12. Please help, need help fast, which PnP modem?