Video setup in X-Windows

Post by dalec.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

HELP!!!
I am just starting out with Linux (Red Hat 6.0) and I am trying to get X
Windows up and running. Unfortunately my screen keeps defaulting back to
320x200. Which is pretty much useless. So what am I doing wrong? I tried
to set up my video and monitor when I installed the OS but I kept
getting errors no matter what I put in. So here is what I have. An Eagle
MX+3DFX 4meg video card (2D/3D with Voodoo Rush) using the Macronix
mx86521 chipset. In my XF86Config file the chipset reads "Generic" but I
think that this might be why it is falling back on the small screen. I
installed the SVGA version of XFree server, did I get this wrong? Is my
card supported? Do I have to get a seperate driver? If so then from
where? Have I given enough information? Or too much? Am I asking too
many questions? ; )
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/