Can't get the SparQ (ext. parallel version) drive to work

Can't get the SparQ (ext. parallel version) drive to work

Post by Simon Parad » Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I can't get the 1.0 gb SparQ (ext. parallel version) to work under
Linux. I don't know which parameter are needed for the driver to work.
I use the pd and epat drivers. My printer is attached to the printer
port of the SparQ drive. The lp, pd and epat drivers are all builtin
directly in the kernel (no modules)

I have two IDE hardisk and one IDE/ATAPI cdrom drive. I tried
pd.drive0=0x378
pd.drive1=0x378
pd.drive2=0x378
pd.drive3=0x378
and none of them works, the epat driver does not find the EPAT
chipset. Btw my drive is ON...

The SparQ drive works fine under NT4

Anyone have a clue ?

Simon Paradis                   |  Developer of Net Timer Pro