Linux newbie - installed redhat 5.2

Post by Nick Taylo » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm an absolute newbie to Linux ... worked with Cromix for a
few months back in 1982 (that's an 8-bit Z-80 implementation)
... but no other experience.  Installed redhat 5.2 from CD onto
my i486 with 16 MB RAM & 1.5 GB of SCSI hard drives with
win95.  No problems at all!!!  The people at REDHAT get my
recomendation for a job well done!

- - - Nick - - -

1. newbie --redhat 5.2 harddrive install

I'm trying to install Redhat 5.2 by the harddrive method.  When the
install gets to the point where it scans through the /redhat
directories, it says there's an error opening the filesystem.

I have everything in the /redhat directory ( the base, instimage, and
rpms directories), which i believe should be all i need?  I downloaded
these things w/ wsftp and saved them on the drive running windows...
twice!  is there something i'm not doing?  or does the error mean that
some of the files were corrupted and i should just try downloading yet
again?
any help would be great!
thanks,
jf

2. LAMP

3. newbie planning to install RedHat 5.2

4. os2 Boot Manager and LILO

5. Redhat 5.2 Install with BOCA Vortek VL Video Card (newbie)

6. I'm SICK of Code Red!

7. HELP: Newbie question on Redhat 5.2 install on an IBM 325 Server

8. Seting up high speed modems

9. Newbie installing RedHat 5.2 from harddisk...

10. Linux Newbie needs help with SAMBA w95---Linux Redhat 5.2

11. Linux Newbie, Installation Problems with Redhat 5.2

12. Installing RedHat 6.0 over Redhat 5.2

13. Connecting To The Internet Using Linux Redhat 5.2---Newbie Needs Help Pls!