Problem with man

Post by Andries Brouw » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: I can't read any manpage yet !
: Man says "xxxxx.1.gz not in compressed format"
: Where does this problem come from ?

Clearly, you have man pages with .gz extension that
are not recognized by gzip. Look at these pages yourself:
maybe they are in clear text.
(In that case, rename them to xxxxx.1.)

If you can't find them, use "man -w xxxxx", which will
tell you the path name, or "man -d xxxxx" which will
spout pages of debugging info, of which you only
want to see the last few lines.

Problem with man

--
        ****   *    *   *    *    *   *
        *     * *   ** **   * *   **  *

1. Problems with Man Pages

Hello

I just installed Linux from the SlackWare 3.0 CD. The Problem I am
having is that my man pages are not working. I type 'man ls' and the
only thing I get is and End of File output. All the man pages seem to be
there. Does any one know of a solution?

Thanks

2. cron spamming /var/log/messages

3. problem with man

4. clarification 2.4.2-ac5: trident.c

5. Problems with man

6. Non-RedHat RedHat CD

7. Problems with man pages after 7.0 upgrade

8. Raw IP Networking FAQ

9. Problems with man pages -- Irix 4.0

10. help - problem with man

11. Does anyone else have problems with Man 1.1 Seg Faulting?

12. Problem with man..

13. Linux problem with man